Where will we meet the guide?
- At the Bike Farm property unless otherwise arranged
Will we ride from the Bike Farm?
- Rides will either be in DuPont State Forest (approx. 15 minute drive from the Bike Farm) or Pisgah Forest (drive time is 10-20 minutes)
Will we need to drive to the trail or will transportation be provided?
- You will need to follow the guide to the trail in your own vehicle
- If you have a rental car, guide will be able to transport bikes for you
What should I bring for the ride?
- Vital essentials include: WATER (approx. 1 liter/hour), FOOD (granola bar, fruit, trail mix, etc.) *We have Osprey hydration packs for rent if you need a pack to carry your belongings in
- A great attitude!
What should I wear?
- Cycling clothing if you have it
- Athletic/Workout clothing works just as well (anything that breathes well and will wick moisture away from your body)
- Shoes (Cycling, Sneakers, Skate, Running, or Hiking boots)
- It is a good idea to bring a rain jacket with you as well – better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it
How long will we be riding for?
- Half-day guided trips are up to 3 hours of saddle time
- Full-day guided trips are up to 5 hours of saddle time
Should I bring my own bike or will there be a bike provided?
- Bring your own or let us set you up on the latest and greatest of bike technology
What certifications do the guides have?
- All our guides are at minimum Wilderness First-Aid and CPR certified. Every guide carries a first-aid kit with them.
- We DO NOT offer refunds within 30 days of your arrival date. More than 30 days before your arrival date, we will refund your booking, less a 10% administrative fee.
- There are NO RAIN CHECKS OR CHANGES to bookings within 14 days of your booked arrival date.
- From time to time rain delays are required for guided rides, but rarely if ever do we have rain cancellations. Our guides are trained to keep you safe, it is left to our discretion if a trip should be delayed or cancelled.